THE ITALIAN MEDICAL CHARITY IS HERE TO HELP YOU
The Italian Medical Charity was formed to give financial help to Italians and those of Italian descent with medical problems and those caring for them.
The charity understands that there are many occasions where the National Health Service cannot provide the aid you require. The Charity cannot provide any medical service for you but can help in aiding in the financial burden that occurs. There are Government Benefits available for most, however, where these fail the IMC may be able to lessen the shortfall.
The current trustees are:
Chairman: don Lorenzo Giovene di Girasole Console Generale d’ Italia, Dott. Massimiliano Mazzanti The Viscountess Hambleden Marchesa Olga Polizzi di Sorrentino Comm. Simone Lavarini Miss. Anna Giacon Mr. Peter Capella Dr. Gino Amato Mr. Luigi Lavarini
All the trustees provide their various skills voluntarily.
WHAT THE CHARITY DOES*
- Aid you to acquire some services or treatments not provided by the NHS or other government agencies.
- Provide funds to aid a period of respite to long term carers.
- Gives help for a disabled person to retain their independence.
- Provides a grant to help you purchase specialist furniture.
WHAT THE CHARITY DOES NOT
- Provide funds for private healthcare so that you can jump an NHS queue.
- Provide any funds to anyone currently suffering substance abuse.